Predictability in plasmapkg behavior

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Wed Mar 13 18:22:14 UTC 2013

On Wednesday, March 13, 2013 19:01:26 Aleix Pol wrote:
> - Assuming plasmoids is wrong, if we want plasmapkg to be for more things
> than plasmoids.

I think it's fine to keep it as default, but maybe we want to check the
servicetype in the metadata.desktop file and compare it with the type we
assume.

> - I'm unsure in what cases -t should be used. Is it only
> for bypassing errors in the package?

My understanding is that you use it if you install anything other than a
plasmoid (applet).

Maybe it makes sense to lose the -t flag for installation, and "guess"? (I
haven't looked into the code right now, so maybe my assumption is wrong.)
--
sebas