kde-workspace and plasma2

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Thu Jun 13 13:26:08 UTC 2013

Hey,

On Thursday, May 16, 2013 11:37:18 Marco Martin wrote:
>  how we want to end up shipping PW2-based images (either ourselves or our
> downstreams) is going to influence these re-arrangements. and so i go back
> to asking: what is making re-arranging the source tree so important right
> now?
> plasma/sebas/desktop-qml-plasma2 has not be re-arranged, so we'll continue
> there for now

We had this discussion already, I've for this reason created the frameworks-
scratch branch in kde-workspace and kdeplasma-addons. See my email from 1st
May, "Plasma2 porting & framework-scratch branches" about that.

The plasma/sebas/desktop-qml-plasma2 branch is in there (in its current state,
merged that one last night), and master is also fully merged.

The frameworks-scratch branch is only ported code and minimal cmake foo at
this point, no repository rearrangements. I'm working on cleaning up the cmake
files there right now. For Plasma2 hacking, that branch should be used.

sebas