QML Calendar components for Akonadi in scratch repo

Heena Mahour heena393 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 13 19:25:21 UTC 2013

Hey  Marco and other plasma developers as well ,

>using cmake is a requirement before it can move anywhere.

CMakeLists.txt and qmldir are made and is pushed for Mark's calendar
component .He will make sure import org.kde.pim.calendar is to be installed
.

Between Mark suggested that calendar would require months to complete
(based on his experiance last year).Easily stuff that can take you months
to grasp..Would it be possible to port it in a month? Though a simple
calendar with some functionalities as a pop up dialog to the clock that is
resizable are already made (you can check out heenamahour/gsoc branch) .

On Sat, Jul 13, 2013 at 2:51 PM, Mark <markg85 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 2:59 PM, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:
> > On Friday, July 12, 2013 14:20:37 Mark wrote:
> >> This is also one of the questions i have, where should i put this,
> >> kdepim-runtime or kde-runtime?
> >
> > that entirely depends on the dependencies.
> >
> > what would be optimal is:
> >
> > * QML calendar widgetry with no akonadi integration in kde-runtime
>
> Will try that. I believe that dependency was needed for some proxy
> models. However, i don't know the current state anymore and if that is
> even still in.
>
> > * akonadi integration for the calendar in kdepim-runtime
>
> Awesome, guess i can make an kdepim-runtime branch then for these
> components.
> >
> > looking at the documentation on the wiki, this seems like it should be
> > possible.
> >
> > if it is not possible to separate out the akonadi support, then it will
> need
> > to go into kdepim-runtime .. but you will need to check with the kdepim
> > developers first as they maintain those modules, not us here on
> plasma-devel :)
>
> if it's going to end up in kdepim-runtime then yeah :) However, "you
> plasma folks" still need to know of it's existence since plasma will
> be the part using it. So having a topic in here about those components
> is probably a good thing as well.
>

> > having apidocs along these lines:
> >
> >         http://api.kde.org/4.x-api/plasma-qml-apidocs/
> >
> > would be good; using cmake is a requirement before it can move anywhere.
>
> Converting it to CMake is next on the list.
> >
> > having just tried it out, the QML does need some work yet as you noted.
> would
> > be nice to see use  of Plasma QML Components for the header and buttons
> .. but
> > it is a nice start!
>
> Will do that.
> >
> > --