QML Calendar components for Akonadi in scratch repo

Mark markg85 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 13 14:51:19 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 2:59 PM, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:
> On Friday, July 12, 2013 14:20:37 Mark wrote:
>> This is also one of the questions i have, where should i put this,
>> kdepim-runtime or kde-runtime?
>
> that entirely depends on the dependencies.
>
> what would be optimal is:
>
> * QML calendar widgetry with no akonadi integration in kde-runtime

Will try that. I believe that dependency was needed for some proxy
models. However, i don't know the current state anymore and if that is
even still in.

> * akonadi integration for the calendar in kdepim-runtime

Awesome, guess i can make an kdepim-runtime branch then for these components.

> looking at the documentation on the wiki, this seems like it should be
> possible.
>
> if it is not possible to separate out the akonadi support, then it will need
> to go into kdepim-runtime .. but you will need to check with the kdepim
> developers first as they maintain those modules, not us here on plasma-devel :)

if it's going to end up in kdepim-runtime then yeah :) However, "you
plasma folks" still need to know of it's existence since plasma will
be the part using it. So having a topic in here about those components
is probably a good thing as well.

> having apidocs along these lines:
>
>         http://api.kde.org/4.x-api/plasma-qml-apidocs/
>
> would be good; using cmake is a requirement before it can move anywhere.

Converting it to CMake is next on the list.

> having just tried it out, the QML does need some work yet as you noted. would
> be nice to see use  of Plasma QML Components for the header and buttons .. but
> it is a nice start!

Will do that.