Plans and status Frameworks5, Plasma2, Qt5 and Wayland

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Jan 21 19:32:51 UTC 2013

On Wednesday, January 16, 2013 17:42:26 Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> I've compiled a document that contains our technical direction and its
> status. This hopefully gives us a common understanding of where we're going
> and where we are right now.

huzzah .. i can reply to this one after finally finding the email in my
frameworks5 folder (and after Marco had kindly forwarded it on to me in case i
didn't track it down ;)

it looks rather sane. thanks for putting this together. it highlights that we
need to do a 4.11 irc meeting as soon as 4.10 is released so we can get a good
start on a 4.11 that will get us close to, or even over, the "finish" line for
qml porting of the plasmoids.

a few points on the TODOs listed:

* the qml-ified krunner is targetted for 4.11 as well
* wallpapers qml needs some adapating for libplasma2 (it will be going into
the runtime qml bits .. so probably more of a simplification than anything
else)

also, the hackfest spoken of earlier: how is that coming? and that will be
used for PW2 stuff, yes?