Screen Edge handling in 4.11

Martin Graesslin mgraesslin at kde.org
Mon Jan 21 11:25:50 UTC 2013

On Monday 21 January 2013 11:27:13 Marco Martin wrote:
> so if i understood correctly if two apps register the same area, in case of
> triggering both apps will be informed, right?
yes

> this looks certainly like an improvement, but maybe not in a specific case..
> what about there is a fullscreen window (regardless it registered for an
> edge or not)? in this case the event should be passed only to the
> fullscreen window i think?
in that case I would propose to not activate the edge if there is currently an
active fullscreen window on the screen. So it would not interfere at all. If
that's wanted I add some code to it.

> about api, seems sane to me (maybe only thing is that an application can
> listen to all activations (even if won't know what the edge is) and decide
> to do stuff of such activations (an evil and by purpose misuse, but just
> thinking if it couldn't have bad implications)
we cannot prevent abuse ;-)

> last thing, more on the look stuff. what about making kwin draw the halo
> that is now drawn for panels? so would look the same no matter what app
> needs it.
Yes I want that, that's why I asked where to find the code of the panel glow
:-)

--
Martin Gräßlin