Screen Edge handling in 4.11

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Jan 21 11:16:39 UTC 2013

On Monday, January 21, 2013 11:58:08 Ivan Čukić wrote:
> > this looks certainly like an improvement, but maybe not in a specific
> > case.. what about there is a fullscreen window (regardless it registered
> > for an
> There are times when I desire my panel even if I have a fullscreen window
> (movie player or something).

make your movie player non-fullscreen to get to the panel.

the overwhelming # of use cases say "no panels over full screen windows";
there is a way to exit fullscreen (and therefore get at panels), but no really
good way to configure panels to hide for only certain fullscreen windows or to
determine when the panel should break in (only on attention required, e.g.?)

if there is a sufficient use case to get at panels from full screen windows, we
could perhaps enumerate those and ask ourselves if there are other ways to
accomplish that.