Plasmoid object class for QML...

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 11:52:01 UTC 2013

On Wednesday 16 January 2013, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Tuesday, January 15, 2013 18:43:18 Michail Vourlakos wrote:
> > 1) Find the single image wallpaper for every activity. (For all the
>
> we have a solution for this in Plasma Active: a DataEngine built into the
> shell called org.kde.mobileactivitythumbnails. this is rather better
> because then we don't have to support random components rifling through
> the containments.
>
> it would be possible to make this a generic feature of the shells. it could
> be named org.kde.activities.info (or some such) and each shell could
> provide an implementation specific to it.

eh, i would love that ;)
maybe even in the activity dataengine?
(i had started a while ago to play to a different activity selector ui, but
need it to make really pretty)

right now the hurdle in making that engine universal is that it needs a
pointer to the containment (and its wallpaper()) to make it paint the
thumbnail (since it may be also a wallpaper different from Image) so is a
dataengine created directly by the shell by a custom pluginloader

--
Marco Martin