Thoughts about a better Quality Management process for Plasma

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Jan 15 13:09:45 UTC 2013

On Monday, January 14, 2013 17:11:31 Martin Gräßlin wrote:
> On Monday 14 January 2013 16:24:28 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > > Whoever is maintainer of a component, should become the
> > > default assignee for bugs in that component. No longer a one address for
> > > all assignee.
> >
> > i think the maintainer should be added as a default CC, but if each
> > component goes to a single person's inbox, then it means we rely on them
> > watch it. it also means that when maintainers change, we have to go
> > through
> > and change ownership of tons of bugs .. meh.
>
> you are lacking knowledge about some bugzilla features :-)

apparently .. seems our b.k.o doesn't suck nearly as much as it used to, and
that's really great news. thanks for taking the time to enlighten me :)

*ponders for a moment, sipping at his tea, watching the snow fall outside*

after this set of threads settles down, would you be willing to take on
drafting a semi-formal bug handling strategy that we put on the wiki and try
to implement for a couple of releases to see how well it works in practice?