reflecting on 4.10

Alex Fiestas afiestas at kde.org
Mon Jan 14 11:02:54 UTC 2013

On Monday 14 January 2013 11:16:43 Martin Gräßlin wrote:

> > > actually, i care :) i rather suspected this was the case, given the
> > > number
> > > of developers i've heard this same kind of story from. the reason for
> > > moving to packages varies, but fewer KDE devs run master than probably
> > > ever
> > > before. it seems a recent phenomenon, just as with you.
> > >
> > > i'm personally very excited that more people will be running master
> > > again.
> > > and i hope with an integration branch, that will extend even further.
> >
> > ... what I was describing here. More people running master and reporting
> > findings. I'll sound like an old grump but it's one thing we did better in
> > the past. I think we should actively try to restore that custom.
>
> This morning I started a kdesrc-build and once it has compiled through I'll
> do the reboot to know everything is up to date. I'll do that each week from
> now on (probably also shifting to Friday instead of Monday morning).
I do this every night, some times twice a day.

>From my experience, we can live in master with no bigger issue, some times
something will break but nothing that will prevent me to work.

Also, I have the distribution installation so in case master is super broken I
can switch to it or use some app's from it (I can't remember the last time I
had to resource to this).

Cheers !