reflecting on 4.10

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Sat Jan 12 18:23:13 UTC 2013

On Saturday 12 January 2013 18:54:23 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> so i'd like to see *more* reviewboard input rather than less.
it would be totally awesome if more people would do reviews outside their
normal "teritory". E.g. me doing more reviews of Plasma stuff, but also Plasma
people doing more reviews on KWin stuff. Just going there, looking at the
change and ask if one doesn't understand a change. I'm sure everyone would
like to share the knowledge about a piece of code.
> and it's one
> thing i love about feature and bug fix branches going into integration: it
> lets people thumbs-up the review request without any implications for
> maste
>
> ShipIt would no longer mean the changeset goes into master, but schedule it
> for merge into the integration branch. in theory, more people will be
> testing integration than looking at the initial review, which will catch
> breakage that currently sometimes makes its way straight into master.
Sounds like we want gerrit...