reflecting on 4.10

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Sat Jan 12 15:27:58 UTC 2013

On Saturday, January 12, 2013 03:35:22 Christoph Feck wrote:
> On Thursday 10 January 2013 22:05:28 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > what, if anything, would you like to be done differently in 4.11?
>
> We should honestly ask ourself, if we still take user feedback
> seriously. If there is no maintainer for a particular piece of code,
> simply admitting it can cause less user frustration.

Let me be the first to admit, what has been evident in this thread:

There is not Plasma Desktop maintainer.

When Aaron stepped down, nobody else stepped up. There were talks with various
people, but the result is what we see right now: No central coordination on
the desktop.

That needs addressing.
--
sebas