reflecting on 4.10

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Sat Jan 12 15:06:49 UTC 2013

On Friday 11 January 2013 22:58:49 Martin Gräßlin wrote:
> Back in the days of early 4.x I did rebuild almost every day. To me it's a
> sign that our software got better, I don't have the need to rebuild just to
> get the latest bug fix and most components are so feature complete that I
> don't need the yet latest feature. It's then only if I see a blog post which
> motivates me to try out the latest version (as just happened with Marble).

It exactly what I referred to in my previous email. We really should
collectively get back to that... And nowadays kdesrc-build matured enough that
I clearly see myself pulling the whole lot on friday night before leaving for
my aikido class and fixing/reporting problems through saturday morning. :-)

I was basically doing something like that but much more manually in the 4.x
times.

Regards.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net