reflecting on 4.10

Raymond Wooninck tittiatcoke at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 09:30:37 UTC 2013

On Saturday 12 January 2013 08:36:52 Martin Gräßlin wrote:
> > OpenSUSE has KDE:Unstable:SC which is made up of (regularly) updated
> > snapshots of current git master.
>
> yes, but you cannot install it into a different directory AFAIK. It
> overwrites your stable installation.

Hi Martin,

This is indeed correct. In the past we had different directories for KDE3 and
KDE4, so that both could be installed without overwriting.

Maybe we should do a similar thing again with the KDE:Unstable:SC repository.
The only worry that I have is what to do if current git master requires a
higher version of a non-KDE library than stable. But I guess we can sort this
out.

Regards

Raymond