Please update extra-cmake-modules, kdelibs (and plasma-frameworks)

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Thu Feb 28 17:57:44 UTC 2013

On Thursday 28 February 2013, David Faure wrote:
> ... which means it will also fail at link time, not at cmake time.
> So I don't see the point in this change. I'd must rather write KF5::Solid
> than ${Solid_LIBRARIES}, where I can never remember if that's LIBRARY or
> LIBRARIES, and Solid or SOLID, and where such variables come from, etc.
> They look like an unnecessary additional layer on top...

Yes, they are an additional layer on top.
For all KF5-libraries, the names are <ExactCaseName>_LIBRARIES.

In CMake all Xyz_WhatEver variables should always either come from a
FindXyz.cmake file, from a XyzConfig.cmake file, or from a cmake script file
which starts with "Xyz".

I think there are only few exceptions, the KDEInstallDirs.cmake being a
notable one, for convenience.

Alex