[Kwin] WindowSystem/Effects imports for QML

Gregor Tätzner gregor at freenet.de
Thu Feb 28 14:47:25 UTC 2013

crossposting to plasma-devel and kwin, but mainly this is for the kwin folks

following review https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/109124/ and Aarons
suggestion I want to propose a simplified kwin interface for plasmoids for
triggering specific desktop effects (in my case: presentWindows)

I'd like to move things forward, so question for you: How to design that api,
what would be useful, what's not...

There is already the kwin scripting api, I suppose that can be leveraged in
some way?

Cheers,
Greg