[RFC] Invite Razor-Qt to next Workspaces Sprint

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sun Feb 17 11:20:00 UTC 2013

On Sunday, February 17, 2013 08:55:38 Martin Graesslin wrote:
> * which pulls in Virtuoso

afaict this is now the main problem. (which speak volumes to how far akonadi
and nepomuk have both come in the last 2 years!)

I was speaking with Georg from Kolab Systems the other day over coffee and this
exact topic came up since it is real a problem for akonadi: everything else in
the stack is now working very well, but virtuoso keeps coming up as a
reliability and performance block; we'll need to find some replacement for
virtuoso ... which is no small task.

> Of course, though I don't think we can make everybody happy and we should
> not strive for it. Let's put it different: I prefer internal competition
> and competition with a Qt based desktop over LXDE/XFCE ;-)

yes, that's very true imho :)