State of imports porting to Plasma2

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Fri Feb 15 15:05:17 UTC 2013

Hi,

As you know, I'm working on porting the Plasma imports to Plasma2. As we've
made good progress, maybe time to give a status update:

* PlasmaCore - Mostly done
  Missing are Dialog and ToolTip, which probably need a reimplemention

* QtExtras - Done
  Even better: all seems to work fine

* PlasmaComponents - Mostly done
  Missing right now: FullScreenSheet, FullScreenWindow -- again, those need
  reimplementions. There are also a few namespace problems left, which are
  quite easy to fix.

* PlasmaExtras - Done modulo ResourceInstance
  All classes porting and seem to work, ResourceInstance is disabled for now,
  since it requires a ported libkactivities

* Locale - Done

* RunnerModel - TODO

* DragAndDrop - TODO

More thoughts:
* platformcomponents is installed, but not used. Needs going over its loading
  and selection mechanism. FallbackComponents is there, so it should not be
  that much work.
* We should be getting quite close to be able to run the widgetsgallery in
  Plasma2
* All components need more testing. Most of the porting seems to keep them in
a working
  state, so I'm not too worried about this
* Commits into kde-runtime KDE/4.10 should be forward-ported to this branch,
  especially in the QML bits, I really would not like to lose bugfixes

There's a simple applet which allows to test some of the functionality, called
org.kde.testcomponentsapplet, you can use that inside Marco's testplasma2
shell.

sebas