Global shortcuts for plasma service

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Feb 13 23:27:48 UTC 2013

On Wednesday, February 13, 2013 23:55:00 Michail Vourlakos wrote:
> Because now ordering is supported in Activities based on that data
> engine I wanted
> the user to be able to go to next or previous activity based on the
> ordered activities list
> by using global shortcuts also...

aha! ok .. so imho this belongs more in kactivitymanagerd (kamd) itself.

i was considering whether or not it makes sense to have different orders of
activities .. and i don't think it does. activities should probably be
globally consistent.

where we coordinate all activity related information in kamd. it would
probably be best if kamd would store the order and coordinate the keyboard
shortcuts for jumping between those ordered items.

would that work with the design you had in mind as well, or are there other
needs / requirements that would not cover?

and perhaps Ivan can weigh in here as well ...