Global shortcuts for plasma service

Michail Vourlakos mvourlakos at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 21:55:00 UTC 2013

> this sounds like something you probably don't want to actually do .. :)
>
> generally shortcuts are associated with UI (e.g. plasmoids) rather than
> DataEngines. can you explain the use case?

Well, I was afraid I would take that answer ... :)
The use case is the following... I have created a data engine called
workareas which
a wrapper around activities (it adds various fields like ordering, basic
backgrounds
support, different VDs naming for every activity etc..).
This is in order to experiment with new concepts around Activities and VDs
(from the WorkFlow project).

Because now ordering is supported in Activities based on that data
engine I wanted
the user to be able to go to next or previous activity based on the
ordered activities list
by using global shortcuts also...

If this is not the place for global shortcuts. Then is it possible for a
clean qml plasmoid
to use global shortcuts?