QML Placces design discussion

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Wed Feb 13 10:35:54 UTC 2013

On Wednesday 13 February 2013 11:24:06 Mark wrote:
> When i brought this issue up in RB and moved it to this list i was
> actually expecting a reply like: "Ohh, we introduced a new pager in
> 4.10 that occupies space without putting anything in it by default.
> Lets fix that asap." But there is nothing like that. Like you guys
> just don't see it as an issue.. Why is that?
I'd say because it is not a regression. It already used to be like that.

And if I have to decide between an empty widget and a pager with one desktop I
go for the empty widget.

Btw. it's pretty much a non-issue for our users as most distributions think
that they need to adjust the defaults for virtual desktops. IIRC:
* Kubuntu: 2
* OpenSUSE: 4

--
Martin Gräßlin