QML Placces design discussion

Mark markg85 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 10:24:06 UTC 2013

On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 11:20 AM, Aurélien Gâteau <agateau at kde.org> wrote:
> Le Wednesday 13 February 2013 11:04:06 Martin Gräßlin a écrit :
> [snip]

>> > That would not fix it at all.
>> > It would still show up empty with just one VD if i choose to add it.
>>
>> I think what Aurélien meant is that we could change the behavior of pager
>> again once it is not part of the default setup
>
> Yes, that's what I meant with "If the pager is not in the default setup, then
> there is no need to hide it when only one vd is there."

That would probably be the best way i guess.
But then we still have an empty taskbar area occupied by the pager
during the 4.10 cycle. I can hardly imagine that to be the intention?

It's just a simple QML one liner.. If you want i can commit the change
(as posted a few posts back) to 4.10..

When i brought this issue up in RB and moved it to this list i was
actually expecting a reply like: "Ohh, we introduced a new pager in
4.10 that occupies space without putting anything in it by default.
Lets fix that asap." But there is nothing like that. Like you guys
just don't see it as an issue.. Why is that?