Review Request 108889: Add QML_INSTALL_DIR variable to KDE pathes

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Mon Feb 11 17:14:35 UTC 2013

On Sunday 10 February 2013, Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> > On Feb. 10, 2013, 3:40 p.m., David Faure wrote:
> > > kde-modules/KDEInstallDirs.cmake, line 136
> > > <http://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/108889/diff/1/?file=113440#file113440
> > > line136>
> > >
> > >     For an install prefix in /usr, this would make it /usr/qml ... is
> > >     this really wanted?
> > >
> > >     Shouldn't this be QT_PLUGIN_INSTALL_DIR/qml, i.e.
> > >     /usr/lib/plugins/qml ?
>
> Apparently not. I've looked at where the example imports from the Qt
> codebase install these things, and that is indeed $PREFIX/qml, not inside
> the plugin directory. This location is also where these imports are being
> found automatically, i.e. without specifying additional import pathes
> (which we have to do for Plasma in kdelibs 4).

As others have said already, /usr/local/qml/ looks wrong to me.

But beside that, in the patch you set it to "/qml", which means it's an
absolute path, so it should end up in /qml, not in
${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}/qml.

So, any path not starting with a backslash is interpreted as relative to
${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}.

Alex