Automatically invalidate pixmap cache after theme changes

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Fri Feb 8 08:05:54 UTC 2013

Hi all,

from several users I got the feedback that after upgrading to 4.10 the Plasma
theming was completely broken and I also experienced that when first switching
to the new theme. The users reported that removing /var/tmp/kdecache-USERNAME
solved the issue. That's of course a little bit too much, but we should be
able to do something to improve the experience.

What about shipping an update script to invalidate the cache when we changed
the theme? Would that be possible? What would be the drawbacks? If it is
feasible I'd suggest that we inlcude a script pretty fast, so that it is in
4.10.1.

--
Martin Gräßlin