Rethinking global shortcuts

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Feb 7 17:25:09 UTC 2013

On Thursday, February 7, 2013 14:59:58 Martin Gräßlin wrote:
> remember that Wayland doesn't allow applications to just listen to key
> events. If we design something new (like a framework) it should keep that
> case in mind.

so we will need an external process. ok .. then i agree with your original
suggestion that kwin is the Most Best(tm) place (and we can provide a kded
fallback once it is in place in kwin, i suppose).

and yes, a published spec for this would be very good to have. even if we're
the only ones using it, it would be a useful exercise for us to ensure we head
in the best direction we can manage. :)