Review Request 108223: use Plasma::Dialog for kmix osd

Christian Esken esken at kde.org
Tue Feb 5 08:48:20 UTC 2013

Am 16.01.2013 13:35, schrieb Sebastian Kügler:
> On Tuesday, January 15, 2013 19:43:32 Christian Esken wrote:
>> I did not expect that this patched would be pushed into KDE4.10, as we are
>> past release candidate 2 already. Is this really well tested, especially
>> with theme changes, font changes and so on?
> My emails say, that it's only gone into master.

KDE4.10 wasn't branched at that point, IIRC.

> On the other hand, we had plenty of such patches, and they didn't cause any
> problem. So even if this patch hasn't been tested for all corner cases (it
> should have been!), very similar patches have, so the risk seems manageable.
Thanks for taking things in your hand. :-)
I was just a bit nervous, because in the past I really had plenty of
Plasma related OSD issues, and was happy that it finally was stable.
I had finally time for checking my test cases. Themes work properly.
Changes themes seem to work near perfect. Only if the OSD is open during
the theme change, it is broken (e.g. wrong size, unreadable
white-on-white text, cut characters). I can happily live with that, if
everything else works now properly.

Greetings,
     Christian