DataEngines and models

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Fri Dec 27 19:27:48 UTC 2013

On Friday 27 December 2013 09:50:46 Àlex Fiestas wrote:

> So, if DataEngines are needed (I do not doubt that) let's continue having
> them but let's stop pretending they are not public API or that they are
> meant only for a quick hack. We don't want hacks do we? :p

+1 for de-hackify them ;)
my point is that adding official api to put actual models in them (would be the
same thing as imports, having to set the roleNames and all)

that would make possible to turn some of the current dataengines that have
quite cosmic hacks to emulate models in some of their sources but not all.
wether to choose for new stuff, probably time will tell, but should be possible
to clean a lot currently existing ones

--
Marco Martin