activities and scripting

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Dec 11 16:01:28 UTC 2013

On Wednesday, December 11, 2013 15:57:28 Nowardev-Team wrote:
> var activity   = new Activity("folderview")
> activity.name = i18n("Mac Activity”)
> activity.wallpaperPlugin = "image"
> activity.wallpaperMode = "SingleImage"
> activity.currentConfigGroup = Array("Wallpaper", "image")

hm.. does the attached patch help at all?

what is happening on containment creation is that setting the wallpaper “too
soon" results in the Image plugin using an incorrect final resolution for the
wallpaper. the wallpaper package itself will pick up the change, but the Image
plugin won’t react unless a re-init is forced because it doesn’t actually hold
on to the package, it creates it and then discards it.

this is probably better in the common case (as sizes aren’t usually changing
constantly, so no need to hang out to another QObject in memory), but causes
an issue here.

the patch is pretty simple and applies to kde-workspace.

looking at the code in master, it probably doesn’t have this issue as it does
hold on to the package and react to rendering changes in the plugin. iow, it’s
a little bit cleaner :)

anyways, if you could test with this and let me know how it goes, that’d be
appreciated :)