Fails to build against Qt 5.3 dev snapshot

Alan Alpert 416365416c at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 16:33:32 UTC 2013

On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 8:20 AM, Marco Martin <notmart at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Monday 02 December 2013, Alan Alpert wrote:
>
>> Oh, are you guys planning to release something on 5.2? I thought you
>> were still in an early development phase. If you're going to release
>> something, we'll have to put QQmlAbstractUrlInterceptor back in - just
>> keep in mind it may be deprecated in 5.3 (if we need to replace it,
>> there's not much way around that...).
>>
>> I'll push the 'revert revert' tomorrow, it would help if one of you
>> can +1 when I do that, maybe mention which release is depending on it.
>
> So, to summarize on the situation:
> Can we try to
> a) revert it to public for 5.2 final (especially to give the message that yes,
> we really need this functionality and we can't rely on private api)

Oh, I got the wrong message from those previous emails. I thought we
were going to leave it out for a bit longer... I'll push that to
gerrit today and add a few plasma devs.

> b) talk in the real future, meeting would be even better with the people that
> are working on it, especially on AOT, to work out a solution that works with
> everybody?

Sounds good. Maybe in January, when the AOT work has stabilized a bit
(but still well before feature freeze)? There is a bit of an AOT
workshop in Oslo happening early Dec. IIRC.

--
Alan Alpert