naming the next major release

Giorgos Tsiapaliokas terietor at gmail.com
Thu Aug 22 20:20:11 UTC 2013

On 22 August 2013 21:26, David Edmundson <david at davidedmundson.co.uk> wrote:

> One thing that wasn't clear to me on the original proposals and has just
> been mentioned by Giorgos is the prefix "KDE".
>
> KDE is not just "the community" but also "an umbrella brand for the
> technology created by the KDE community" [0].
> I have heard other people make comments about how "Plasma is trying to
> distance itself from the KDE community". I don't agree with those people,
> but we shouldn't fuel that fire. Displaying that it is part of the KDE
> umbrella is IMHO important.

When I said lets remove the "KDE" from "KDE Plasma" was in order to
emphasize that KDE is the community.
TBH I don't believe that by removing the "KDE", plasma is taking some
distance from KDE. Also there are a lot of projects inside KDE
which aren't using the "KDE" word and they don't take any distance from
KDE, for instance the most references in plasma active are
"Plasma Active" and not "KDE Plasma Active", but PA doesn't have any
distance from KDE. I believe that projects take some distance
from "KDE" when they stop referring to it and not when they remove the
"KDE" word, but that is just me of course :)

--
Giorgos Tsiapaliokas (terietor)

terietor.org