naming the next major release

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Wed Aug 21 21:27:23 UTC 2013

On Wednesday, August 21, 2013 17:12:10 Daniel Nicoletti wrote:
> 2013/8/21 Martin Graesslin <mgraesslin at kde.org>:
> > Yes I noticed that for example you still talk about KDE as software in
> > your
> > blog posts. To be honest I have to cringe if I read it, because it makes
> > the task of everyone more difficult who tries to work on the
> > repositioning of the brand.
>
> Well if I write an app using Qt people call it a Qt app, when you use KDE FW
> it becomes a KDE app. So what should I call the software I write when using
> KDE FW?

Just to chime in here, this is clearly wrong. A KDE App (or project, if you
will) is not defined by its technical dependencies, but by the people who
write it, see manifesto.kde.org.

Daniel, I think you've gone a few years back in time, stuck your fingers
firmly into your ears as to the reasoning of the whole rebranding, and are now
trying to turn back the clocks for no good reason.

Would you mind giving the rebranding another try to actually understand it,
and not work against what has been years of work, and not an easy, but very
much necessary endeavour? Then we could actually move forward, instead of one
step ahead, two steps back.

Thanks,
--
sebas