naming the next major release

Daniel Nicoletti dantti12 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 15:09:43 UTC 2013

2013/8/21 Marco Martin <notmart at gmail.com>:
> On Wednesday 21 August 2013, Daniel Nicoletti wrote:
>> My 2c,
>>
>> On KDE 4 aka KDE SC 4, plasma was always just plasma,
>> no user says I'm using the plasma shell (as there isn't another
>> KDE option).
>
> Incidently, the whole SC stuff, was never intended for marketing and public
> communication, but it ended up that way, and sure enough press reaction to SC
> was overwhelmingly negative.

Sure, just to clarify what I was trying to state is that most
users know the KDE version not the components of it.
For the SC maybe in 5 we could go back to
"we are KDE and KDE is also the software" I think people
can tell the difference without an "SC" :P but whatever that's
another (endless) discussion and off topic...