Use user wallpaper for dm, splashscreen and locksreen

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Sat Apr 27 14:07:55 UTC 2013

On Sat, Apr 27, 2013 at 2:35 PM, Martin Graesslin <mgraesslin at kde.org>wrote:

> One of the ideas discussed at the sprint was to define a global theme
> package
> which is used by all themable elements such as login manager, splash
> screen,
> etc. etc. This would ensure that all our elements are consistent. What is
> currently still missing would be a plymouth theme being shipped directly
> by us
> (best would be a ).

(strart braindump)
I have been thinking a little about the theme package, we wold anyways need
something that needs to act as a wallpaper on completely modal cases (login
manager, lock screen, boot) while in other semi modal cases (user switch,
logout) blurred screen would be enough.

for the cases we still need a wallpaper i think a very neutral "goes with
everything" wallpaper would be ok (as the black texture nuno did that is
now used for plasma media center and the active splash)

having a wallpaper saved somewhere that is "safe-ish" would be possible,
would just be the last wallaper of the last activity saved before the
previous logout, but i'm not sure i want to go there, because is still not
100% fail proof and one would want to do something like ubuntu, showing the
wallpaper before loggin in whe a user is selected in the login manager..
while it looks cool i think is not an acceptable security trade off.

Cheers,
Marco Martin