GSOC-2013 Proj- PMC rel. queries

Sinny Kumari ksinny at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 18:16:37 UTC 2013

Doing CC to plasma-devel

Thanks Saurabh for you effort. Nice start!

On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 1:00 PM, Saurabh Jain <saurabhskj at hotmail.com>wrote:

>   Dear mam,
>
> Thanks for replying me back and presenting your views. Yes, you were right
> and I did deviate from the main point as I used the software and liked the
> idea of building such an application and therefore I thought more in
> enhancing and incorporating new features in it.
> I forgot to mention some of the improvements, which I think, can be done
> in this application. The "open with" menu option which I mentioned in my
> first mail also needs to be improved as the user can see this application
> in the above menu but due to lack of functionality provided on the back
> end, the user does not get the desired output response.

+1
I like this idea, this need to be implemented.

> Improvements in following sections can be:-
> *Music* *:-
> *Search engine (in Songs, Album, etc.) does not seem to work at all. I
> tried searching for a music which is also there in the playlist but did not
> get any results (neither did it respond with search failure nor with song
> found). Improving the song search can have an alternative if sorting
> feature is introduced by virtue of which user can sort the albums, songs
> etc according to their names. Player can be enhanced with modes like
> repeat, shuffle, etc. and reordering of songs in the playlist is also not
> there.

Ummm, For me search works fine for Artist, Album and songs works fine but
yeah, it doesn't display message when search result is zero.

Shuffle works in Playlist. Repeat option can be added.
Sorting of media is needed on the basis of different field like size, date,
name, length etc.

> *Pictures:-
> *Again, clicking on "All Picture" does not produce any results. Every
> time if the user has to view the pictures, he/she has to browse the
> pictures in the folders first and then load it. Further, just like we have
> the option to select some files and play them only, in a similar fashion,
> we can have option to select some pictures and then view them via slide
> show.

I guess, your Nepomuk indexer is not running or maybe haven't indexed your
picture directory. Check with that then All Picture will work fine.

Yeah, we can think of viewing selected pictures in slideshow.

> *Videos:-
> *The full screen mode toggle button can be added into video section so
> that the user can directly watch the video in full screen mode. Also, many
> a times, it happens that the user downloads the subtitles of the movie
> which he/she wants to watch as the movie is not in his/her native language.
> For eg. if the movie's name is abc.avi, the subtitle's file is renamed to
> abc.en.srt in order to view the subtitle along with the movie in media
> player. The plasma media center is unable to show the subtitles when the
> movie is being played.
> *
> *

Earlier Full screen Icon was in Media Player but it didn't fit well there
so we moved it into configuration section in HomeScreen.
Yeah, Video subtitle doesn't work for all possible subtitles file. Right
now it works only for ffile with filename.srt file. It needs to be improved
to work with all kinds of subtitle files.

**Kindly review the points mentioned above and please give me your

--
http://www.sinny.in