Plasma Wallpapers in QML

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 15:17:40 UTC 2012

On Friday 28 September 2012, Aleix Pol wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 3:26 PM, Marco Martin <notmart at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Thursday 13 September 2012, Aleix Pol wrote:
> >> What I did was to create a very very simple plugin (~40 sloc) that
> >> lets you easily specify a wallpaper given a QML url. Now it's
> >> hardcoded, and we should find a way to pass it (maybe through the
> >> QVariantList args?) so that a wallpaper is just the desktop file, or
> >> maybe something completely different. :)
> >
> > I'm happy it's merged ;)
> > only two things still bothering me a bit that should be at least
> > discussed: i think wallpapers shouldn't be installed in
> > apps/plasma/packages but have their own directory and their desktop
> > files not installed under services
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Marco Martin
>
> Hi!
> Tell me where you want them installed and I will put them there. I
> copied it from kdeexamples, I guessed it makes sense that if it's a
> plasma package then it should be there, but then again plasma packages
> still sound weird to me.

changed to apps/plasma/wallpapers, check the last commits

(btw, i also fixed some small styling issues, such as broken icon, org.kde
namespace to plugin name, trailing spaces etc, those are important things to
check now that we are talking about polish last mile etc ;)

> And where should the metadata.desktop files be installed instead?

just in its package folder, no need to pollute sycoca

Cheers,
Marco Martin