plasma: QGraphicsView-ectomy

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Sep 26 15:15:14 UTC 2012

On Wednesday, September 26, 2012 15:57:10 Marco Martin wrote:
> * ToolTipManager: should just be a qml component (see other thread)
> * Dialog: should just be a component as well

+1 to both, though i'm a little anxious to see how cleanly ToolTipManager will
work ...

> * PopupApplet: i don't think it should be a differerent class from
> Applet, still don't have a clear idea how to do that, but the only
> difference could be in desktop file

i actually really like the idea that all aplets are popup applets. merge the
logic and API and forget about the difference. if you don't want the
iconification, then you don't set a minimum size and/or don't hit that minimum
size. thoughts?

> commented in applet and containment that was using views) I'm open to
> ideas on what the semantics of this should be. i would like not having
> views at all in libplasma tough

i would not be surprised if we end up with at least a View interface that gets
implemented. Wallpaper usage, for instance; that could be moved to Containment
if we limit ourselves "forever" to 1-view-per-containment

in Applet the main use case seems to be for screenRect and mapTo/FromView. we
should see where that is actually used and then decide how to handle that.

--
Aaron Seigo