plasma: QGraphicsView-ectomy

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 13:57:10 UTC 2012

On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 7:16 PM, Marco Martin <notmart at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I've committed in the kdelibs branch plasma/mart/qgvremoval a pretty big diff.
> it makes Applet inherit only from QObject this causes a nice doino effect:

update on this: right now it builds fine without qgraphicsview, some
classes are still disabled:

* ToolTipManager: should just be a qml component (see other thread)
* Dialog: should just be a component as well
* PopupApplet: i don't think it should be a differerent class from
Applet, still don't have a clear idea how to do that, but the only
difference could be in desktop file
commented in applet and containment that was using views) I'm open to
ideas on what the semantics of this should be. i would like not having
views at all in libplasma tough

difference from framweorks is +2118 lines , -31585 lines

a stripped built library is about 2.5 megabytes, while the current 4.9
libplasma is about 3.5

i would need some serious review on this branch and would like to have
it merged in frameworks soon-ish, but there are still quite some
unfinished parts/dead code

Cheers,
Marco Martin