Behavior on systray icon clicking

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Tue Sep 25 11:41:02 UTC 2012

Back to the topic of the KTp plasmoid.

The original goals of that plasmoid was not to be a silly shortcut to
the contact list anyway. It's purpose /was/ to provide access to
change your online-ness.

I'd like to see it go back to what it was designed to do, rather than
it's current state and the default left click action go back to being
more like http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSXvhUJR1o3EJZk2X_dPllqnETx6fhp8e4DXpLzhKQUGS2JypNm_YxAHfM2

If people want quick toggle-able access to the contact list, they can
just pin the contact list to their task bar (we can add a guide on
doing this on userbase)

The problem we have is that our applet looks like one of the classic
terrible system tray icons, yet doesn't fully behave like one. Instead
of changing the behaviour, we can change how ours looks.

Dave