Status of QML Porting

Alex Fiestas afiestas at kde.org
Fri Sep 14 19:53:31 UTC 2012

Hey there to everyone!

Months ago we started to port all plasmoids to QML, we have come a long way
and now it seems we are getting close to finish the huge task.

During this short period of time, a lot of people have worked on QML: GSoC,
sporadic developers, etc. Because of that we have a little bit of mess in
terms of what's done, what have to be finished, who is working on what, etc.

To solve this, we have created/improved a wikipage with a nice table where we
can list all Plasmoids and Containers that need porting, as well of the status
and who is working on it.

It is important that we keep this table up to date so we can coordinate better
the effort between everybody willing to work on it.

This is the site:
http://community.kde.org/Plasma/QMLPorting

We have moved old bits of information to it, so even though the table is quite
full of information it is surelly outdated.

Everybody is invited to take a look at the page, and updated it if there is
some information missing or incorrect.
besides being able to better coordinate, we can have the point of the
situation and see what plasmoids is realistic to push for inclusion in 4.10.

Cheerz !