IRC meeting summary

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic at kde.org
Wed Sep 12 11:39:24 UTC 2012

> idea not bad, it can be a bit tricky (what if the applets have a different
> size? how the handles would work? when to split again?)

That would need to be well-thought in advance. I'd still see them as
separate applets, so separate handles, but only to merge the edges.

> what was mentioned is some sort of jumplist, recent documents for tasks, so
> slc naturally comes to mind for that

I'd go for linked + high scored instead of recent.

> yep.
> any ui idea for that?

The least we could do is the same tooltip as for the pager. The
problem with the current activity switcher is that there is no space
to do anything more than it already does.

>> First of all, we can forget the kdelibs patch that PA uses. So, no
>> automatic support of kpart-based applications.
> could that instead be merged in frameworks 5 then backported? would make less
> of a problem..

For me, that patch was always a fallback. Mainly because it had
problems with editable kparts (or at least with kate) that it wasn't
possible to get a window id from the part. And another problem was
that some parts of an application would support activities that way
(akregator in kontact) and other parts wouldn't (other stuff in
kontact), and things would report urls like about:something (currently
manually filtered in kamd).

The same as it would be with accessibility - just a fallback (IMO, a
whitelisted fallback)

The main aim for me is patching apps individually - ResourceInstance
API is quite trivial.

Ch!

--
Cheerio,
Ivan

--
While you were hanging yourself on someone else's words
Dying to believe in what you heard