Changes to Plasma Weather - Git revision 5a09cd815edd7723800c0ba43a8be9f67d28e011

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 08:55:03 UTC 2012

On Tuesday 11 September 2012, Shawn Starr wrote:
> Hi Luís,
>
> I appreciate you making changes to the code, but it would have been nice to
> been told about this since I am about to replace this with QML porting.
>
> Please discuss with me what changes you would like to make as I am in the
> process of porting to QML for the applet. My goals for '2.0' are different
> from what you're doing.
>
> I would like to revert this out of trunk or discuss this on IRC please.

ok, let me be clear about this.
there won't be any revert.

all the changes were discussed and toroughly reviewed. It's unfortunate that
you didn't participate in it and yes, it's also unfortunate that we didn't
contact you.

when the rewrite started, that applet was effectively abandoned and bitrotting
since at least two years, as unfortunately are many other applets in
kdeplasma-addons, and this requires an action (other addons plasmoids will
soon share the same fate)

about the 2.0 you have in mind, the current design well fits in the global
style (simple display of information that cuts useless graphic elements to the
minimum) that is the style the default plasmoids should have.

However, if you want something different, you are more than welcome and
encouraged to work on another plasmoid (and then using the same review process
that was used in this case)

Cheers,
Marco Martin