Changes to Plasma Weather - Git revision 5a09cd815edd7723800c0ba43a8be9f67d28e011

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Tue Sep 11 06:05:50 UTC 2012

Am 11.09.2012 05:29, schrieb Shawn Starr:
> Hi Luís,
>
> I appreciate you making changes to the code, but it would have been
> nice to
> been told about this since I am about to replace this with QML
> porting.
>
> Please discuss with me what changes you would like to make as I am in
> the
> process of porting to QML for the applet. My goals for '2.0' are
> different
> from what you're doing.
>
> I would like to revert this out of trunk or discuss this on IRC
> please.
I personally find this request of your strange. The weather plasmoid
has been unmaintained for quite some time, so it's a great thing when
someone starts to work on it.

As already pointed out the changes went through review board and have
been discussed. Unlike your goals for 2.0 which are so far only in your
head :-)

So I find it a rather bold statement to ask to revert the change. Maybe
you could sit together and figure out how a 2.0 should look like, maybe
it has nothing to do with the change. I prefer having improvements right
now, than maybe some in the future. Personally I think asking for revert
of changes does not look like you want to have collaboration happening.
This is really a sad thing and I would consider it as a problem to kind
of close down the development of one component for other developers. We
are an open and free software community which encourages collaboration.

Best Regards
Martin