QML style guide

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Tue Oct 30 12:40:22 UTC 2012

On Tuesday, October 30, 2012 11:35:50 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:

> > > i mostly agree :) i don't think this forces anyone to use vim, but i
> > > would
> > > like to see a solution that works with katepart before adding it to the
> > > style guide.
> >
> > Do you want force developers use kate?
>
> of course not :)
>
> but i'd like to make the lives of people who use kate, vim, etc. easier if
> possible. if we have to chose between "no one benefits from code folding"
> or  "some people get to benefit", we should pick "some people" every single
> time. "some" is better than "none".
>
> this does not prevent you from using any editor you wish -> you might not
> get  the cute little bonus of code folding, but otherwise it's the same as
> it is right now already.

To be honest, I don't like that. I'm fine with people putting it in, but
making it mandatory is not OK with me. I would not like to reject someone's
patch based on "its properties aren't foldable in vim". First, this is 2013.
Then, property definitions aren't usually pages long, I've rarely seen more
than 10.

-1 one if it was the idea to mandate {{{ annd }}} in comments.

(Allowing it is fine with me, mandating is is not.)
--
sebas