Python Dateengine and ServiceJob

Eric Mesa ericsbinaryworld at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 15:32:03 UTC 2012

Just trying to tie up some loose ends on my data engine that I've been
working on for the past 2 years.  The final thing I need is to have a
ServiceJob that I could use to refresh the data for a source given the
source's name.  The dataengine is grabbing data from a website's API and
sometimes the API is unavailable which leaves the data engine empty.
Sometimes it's not available for one source, but available for all the
others.  So I want to be able to tell it from within the plasmoid to reload
that source.

Before someone pointed me to the ServiceJob in the KDE Microblog plasmoid,
but I don't know C well enough to translate that over the Python.  Does
anyone have some experience to help me?
--
Eric Mesa
http://about.me/ericmesa