Stackfolder inclusion to 4.10 [attempt#2]

Ural Mullabaev ural.mullabaev at rosalab.ru
Tue Oct 23 12:03:57 UTC 2012

Hi Martin!

> I just tried it and I quite like it, nice work! I have few suggestions
> for improvements - first of all don't hide and show the popup when you
> change folder, I wasn't sure what's happening when I clicked some
> folder in it, I thought Dolphin is being opened and then suddenly the
> same popup but different size showed up. So keep the popup visible all
> the time and don't change the size, keep it to some sane default.

Resizing popup window to contents of folder is our feature. And hiding/showing popup window smooths resizing effect during folders changing.
To open selected folder in the Dolphin you should press Alt-Enter or click on button on the right top corner.
If it will be needed, I think, we can make special version for KDE.

> The scrollbar actually work the other way around - dragging it up
> scrolls down, dragging down scrolls up. That's inconsistent with the
> rest of the whole desktop.

It isn't scrollbar, it's more like indicator of visible area. I agree with you it needs to be reworked to the standard scrollbar.

> Also there's this project called Homerun which implements exactly this
> and it works quite nicely, even with breadcrumb navigation. Maybe you
> can contact Aurelien, the author, and share code/collaborate in the
> development? Here's the project:
> https://projects.kde.org/projects/playground/base/homerun

Thank you for your suggestions! We will consider them.

Regards,
Ural Mullabaev
Rosa Laboratory
www.rosalab.com