Stackfolder inclusion to 4.10 [attempt#2]

Ural Mullabaev ural.mullabaev at rosalab.ru
Mon Oct 22 10:45:48 UTC 2012

Hi Aaron and Marco!

I fixed the problems which you specified the last time:
- icon decreasing on the panel (attachment - smallicon.png);
- empty popup dialog (now it should show correctly)
And also I changed path to the qml contents to <prefix>/plasma/packages/org.kde.stackfolder.

Now what else do I need to do to enter StackFolder in KDE 4.10?

I remind that StackFolder is an independent applet and placed in a playground repo (https://projects.kde.org/projects/playground/base/stackfolder).
Originally StackFolder is a fork of FolderView applet, that was redesigned to look like MacOS X Stask utility.  It allow to browse the stack of folders and quick access to files and  also may interact with another Rosa's utility - Klook to preview a wide range types of files (including playing video and audio). For the time being the GUI part of code is rewritten on QML. And recently we reworked StackFolder to PopupApplet.
Now StackFolder has little in common with the FolderView.

Regards,
Ural Mullabaev
Rosa Laboratory
www.rosalab.com