[RFC] Trigger KRunner on top screenedge

Shaun Reich sreich at kde.org
Mon Oct 8 01:00:19 UTC 2012

On Sun, Oct 7, 2012 at 5:20 PM, Thijs Heus <thijs22nospam at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Although the concept seems quite interesting to me, the discussion seems to
> skip one point: What's the use case? I tend to see KRunner as a
> keyboard-driven interface, so if I want to activate it, I want a key stroke
> to do so.

because not everything should be accessible through an obscure hotkey ;-)

(for instance, i've known loads of reg users who had no idea what
krunner was until i told them, and were blown away when they tried it)

also, krunner as of late is getting to be more user friendly and less
"i type commands into this". (comparing krunner to gnome alt-f2 shows
how cooler ours is, for instance ;)

actually, this very question could lead into a "why do we have screen
edges" question, because hotkeys exist for all the actions those do as
well. so i don't think the question holds much merit imho.

--
Shaun Reich,
KDE Software Developer (kde.org)