Display Configuration KCM design review

Christoph Feck christoph at maxiom.de
Thu Oct 4 13:12:27 UTC 2012

On Thursday 04 October 2012 14:45:14 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Thursday, October 4, 2012 13:38:06 Christoph Feck wrote:
> > Having two monitors placed side-by-side, you want to be able
> > to correctly vertically align them.
>
> can you define "correctly vertically align them"? (just so i
> understand exactly what you are proposing :)

The physical alignment of the displays can be different, and you
should be able to change the logical alignment to reflect that.
Otherwise windows appear to move up or down when moving them
horizontally between the screens.

For displays with different DPI this is void anyway, but let's say I
have to identical screens, but using one of them rotated. It might be
impossible to align the both displays physically on the bottom (or
center, for that matter).

Christoph Feck (kdepepo)