[RFC] Trigger KRunner on top screenedge

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Oct 3 22:44:39 UTC 2012

On Wednesday, October 3, 2012 13:44:06 Martin Gräßlin wrote:
> just wanted some feedback on an idea I got today. What about binding the
> showing of KRunner on hitting the top screen edge?

neat idea!

i'm not sure it would work, but i'm not sure it wouldn't either.

(btw, i once tried making it appear by default whenever there were no windows
showing; that didn't work as well as i expected :/ )

i'd say "go for it" and let's see how it works in practice. we have lots of
time between now and 4.10 to know if it is plausible or not.

the issues raised in this thread are probably resolvable (not active when
there are fullscreen windows; if there's a top panel, don't bother, etc),
it'll probably just come down to whether it "feels" natural enough after some
time and whether it is useful enough to have it on by default or not.

i look forward to trying it out .. :)