share-like-connect in 4.10

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Oct 3 22:33:14 UTC 2012

On Wednesday, October 3, 2012 14:39:04 Giorgos Tsiapaliokas wrote:
> 1. should we merge the slc repo in some other repo?

i don't see the need, as it's living happily in its own repo. but this is
really a question for the packagers and release team. once we've sorted out a
few more details on the desktop integration side, i'll drop an email their way
and let them decide

> 2.  ui changes?

as Marco noted, there are some tweaks that can be made indeed. the popups are
ok, but as visually appealing as they could be nor as easy to use either imho.
some fo the targets are a bit small and the transitions are not always clear.
this is QML twiddling, though, and i'm sure we'll get a lot more feedback as
we do so once it's part of the default set up.

it is also not tested enough in vertical or planar form factors, which
obviously needs to happen as well. cataloging UI issues to tackle is probably
something that belongs on community.kde.org/Plasma/

> 3.  application support(Ivan is working on that)
> 4. more plugins

also:

* one more plugin API review
* docs on techbase
* an example or 2 in kdeexamples

we also will eventually need to improve it so that applications have the
opportunity to save data being edited before sharing/liking. this came up in
Randa. it is not completely straightforward as everything is async and at
least 2, likely 3, processes are involved (plasmoid, kactivitymanager,
application). this is not, imho, a blocker for first inclusion, but it will
need sorting out eventually.